Admissions Requirements for ABSN@CTX
Our admissions counselors are dedicated to answering any questions you may have and determining if you are eligible to apply for and ultimately enroll in Concordia University Texas’ ABSN track. The specific eligibility requirements include successful completion of all prerequisite coursework prior to your nursing school enrollment.
Accelerated BSN Track Admission Requirements
Students seeking admission to our ABSN track may be considered for admission provided they have fulfilled the minimum criteria below.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the prerequisite natural science courses.
- Transfer applicants: pre-nursing degree requirements cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Second-degree seeking students: conferred degree cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Personal essay describing why the student seeks a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Concordia.
- Three recommendation forms from professional sources, i.e. faculty member, supervisor etc.
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS VI) within one year of beginning the BSN program. No more than two attempts will be accepted to reach minimum score requirements.
- Any student who has been in a previous nursing program must submit a letter stating that the student is eligible for readmission to that program.
Participation Requirements for the Accelerated BSN Track
Once you are accepted into ABSN@CTX, you must complete the following:
- American Heart Association CPR certification from the “Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers” course.
- Criminal background screening.
- Drug screening.
- Certified background checks for both the University and the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Satisfactory completion of all immunization and health participation requirements through Castle Branch.
You will be required to submit proof you have completed all of these participation requirements before you begin your accelerated nursing education. These requirements are subject to change for each cohort and will be provided to you upon your acceptance.
For more information about our admissions requirements please contact an admissions counselor.