On-Site Nursing Simulation Labs
Experiential learning is essential for creating practice-ready nurses and that’s why our nursing simulation labs are designed to give you training in state-of-the-art labs that are just like the environments you will encounter as a RN. These labs provide you with a dose of reality so you can learn how to safely apply the nursing concepts you learned online. You are able to get as close as possible to patient-care situations to build the confidence and real-world skills necessary to become a successful nurse.
Our nursing skills lab helps you utilize complex thinking to analyze holistic health needs of individuals, families, groups, communities, and populations. As a result, you can begin your clinical rotations feeling prepared to work alongside practicing RNs and provide patient care.
Working with Faculty
Concordia University Texas offers a small, caring Christian community that encourages student and faculty interaction and promotes individual attention. During your lab work, you will work alongside your instructors to gain hands-on nursing skills using high-tech manikins that can simulate a variety of bodily functions and reactions to medications.
With the faculty supervision, you are able to:
- Participate in hands-on learning strategies that are similar to clinical experiences.
- Apply basic skills like checking vital signs and monitoring blood pressure.
- Practice responding to acute and critical events in a controlled, safe environment.
- Evaluate various patient-care scenarios and administer proper treatment.
- Learn from mistakes and effectively correct them.
- Experience scenarios that focus on understanding team collaboration.
We encourage you to ask as many questions as possible to take full advantage of this supervised, experiential setting.
Contact an admissions counselor to learn more about our hands-on lab experience.