Admissions Requirements for [email protected]
Our admissions counselors are dedicated to answering any questions you may have and determining if you are eligible to apply for and ultimately enroll in Concordia University Texas’ ABSN track. The specific eligibility requirements include successful completion of all prerequisite coursework prior to your nursing school enrollment.
Accelerated BSN Track Admission Requirements
Students seeking admission to our ABSN track may be considered for admission provided they have fulfilled the minimum criteria below.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the prerequisite natural science courses.
- Transfer applicants: pre-nursing degree requirements, cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Second-degree seeking students: conferred degree cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS VI): Must take within three years of enrollment to the nursing program and receive a score of 67% or higher (no more than two attempts are allowed within a 365-day period to reach minimum score requirements accepted). Note that this requirement has been waived for Summer 2022, reinstated for Fall 2022 and beyond.
Participation Requirements for the Accelerated BSN Track
Once you are accepted into [email protected], you must complete the following:
- American Heart Association CPR certification from the “Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers” course.
- Criminal background screening.
- Drug screening.
- Certified background checks for both the University and the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Satisfactory completion of all immunization and health participation requirements through Castle Branch.
You will be required to submit proof you have completed all of these participation requirements before you begin your accelerated nursing education. These requirements are subject to change for each cohort and will be provided to you upon your acceptance.
For more information about our admissions requirements please contact an admissions counselor.