Admissions Requirements for the Accelerated BSN Program at Concordia University Texas
Our admissions counselors are dedicated to answering any questions you may have and determining if you are eligible to apply for and ultimately enroll in our the ABSN program. The specific eligibility requirements include successful completion of all prerequisite coursework prior to your nursing school enrollment.
Accelerated BSN Admission Requirements
Students seeking admission to our ABSN program may be considered for admission provided they have fulfilled the minimum criteria below. Concordia only accepts credit from regionally accredited institutions:
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the prerequisite natural science courses.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 overall.
- Personal essay describing why the student seeks a Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) within one year of beginning the ABSN program. No more than two attempts will be accepted to reach minimum score requirements.
Participation Requirements for the ABSN Program
Once you are accepted into our ABSN program, you must complete the following:
- American Heart Association CPR certification from the “Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers” course.
- Criminal background screening.
- Drug screening.
- Certified background checks for both the University and the Texas Board of Nursing.
- Satisfactory completion of all immunization and health participation requirements through Castle Branch.
You will be required to submit proof you have completed all of these participation requirements before you begin the ABSN program. These requirements are subject to change for each cohort and will be provided to you upon your acceptance into our program.
For more information about our admissions requirements please contact an admissions counselor.